22 November 2021 — Job Opportunities, News
Join our team: CEC is looking for an EU Policy Officer (as of December 2021)!
JOB VACANCY: EU POLICY OFFICER
The European Confederation of the Footwear Industry (CEC), a non-profit organisation gathering the major footwear national associations of the EU, is seeking to recruit an EU Policy Officer for its headquarters in Brussels as from December 2021.
The successful candidate will assist the Secretary General in achieving CEC’s objectives (see www.cec-footwearindustry.eu).
In general, assistance in the implementation of the decisions and strategic directions established by the General Assembly as well as in the dissemination and promotion of the aims of the CEC.
- Research, monitoring and analysis of EU initiatives and legislative proposals with impact in the footwear industry, and report the relevant information.
- Preparing background briefings, speaking notes and presentation material.
- Assistance in the implementation of EU projects: Research, surveys, collation of information for reports, etc.
- Support in updating and maintaining a dynamic website, social media and in the implementation of other communication activities such as drafting press releases.
- Collation of industry wide statistics and data, production of statistical reports, presentations, etc.
- Participation in meetings, conferences and other events of interest.
- General organisational and administrative support in meetings, maintenance of databases, basic account keeping, etc.
- University degree in economics, law or political sciences.
- At least two years proven professional experience on EU public affairs, preferably acquired in a EU industrial association or in an EU institution.
- Knowledge of EU Trade policy, Sustainability and the EU industrial strategy
- Excellent written communication skills in English, preferably also in French, including ability to translate and summarise information. Other EU languages would be desirable.
- Good computer skills, including web publishing, database management and publication design.
- Ability to work independently under minor supervision, and on own initiative.
- Good organisational skills.
- Adaptable and open-minded.
If interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 30th November 2021.