27 November 2019 — News
CEC and 148 other industry associations unite to call for an ambitious EU industrial strategy
Industry4Europe, a coalition of 149 sector Associations representing the diversity of the EU’s industrial base – among which the footwear industry – today published its new Joint Paper ‘A long-term strategy for Europe’s industrial future: from words to action’. Through cross-sectoral recommendations, the Industry4Europe coalition contributes to the future EU industrial strategy announced by European Commission President-Elect Ursula von der Leyen.
The Joint Paper presents concrete industrial policy proposals in seven priority fields:
- Business-friendly policy environment;
- Sustainability at business core;
- Upgraded skills and training;
- Enhanced research and innovation;
- Investment and improved access to finance;
- Reinforcement of the European Single Market;
- Strengthened trade and international market access.
CEC and the 148 other industry organisations behind Industry4Europe stand united in their repeated calls for an ambitious and long-term EU industrial strategy that must help Europe remain a hub for a leading, smart, innovative and sustainable industry, that provides quality jobs and benefits all Europeans and future generations.
We encourage you to read the full Joint Paper by clicking here!